Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Shuffle, Shuffle

Update from OurUltimateDate.com

They say money isn’t everything. Who the heck are they?

The other night Cece and I were prancing down Oxford street with a bag full of clothes; a pile of new threads to wear for my new job. We were jubilant because both of us were feeling as if finally – after a rough couple of months – we could move forward on some OUDBOD projects as proud DINKs.

Well, as of today, we’re SINKs (Single-Income-No-Kids) again. I’m back on the market. Not for new clothes, but a new job.

To say I felt a bit numb on the train home yesterday is pretty accurate. The details of what happened are long, but basically the role didn’t work out. The upshot was that I took home some Tupperware that no one at the office wanted and I also made a great contact. On a scale larger than Tupperware, however, the budget Cece and I made for ourselves needs a re-look, taking into account the new clothes I splashed on and my sudden lack of a permanent job. Some of the OUDBOD dreams may suffer delays.

But not all is lost. I called my old temp job and they were happy to take me back for a few weeks, so at least I’m still employed – and I guess that means that we can move from SINKs back to part-time DINKs. I re-contacted all the recruitment agencies and they’re out looking for new roles for me.

Last night as I left that office I was dressed to kill, but inside my new clothes I was pretty down. However, all I know how to do is get back on the horse and try again. So I will.

Tripping doesn’t mean you have to fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment