Saturday, February 11, 2012

Screw You Acer...




 Sreekanth: Hi, my name is Sreekanth. How may I help you? Sreekanth: Hello, Jason.  Sreekanth: How are you doing today?  Jason Weisberger: hello, I am looking for the chipset driver for my laptop please Jason Weisberger: I'm doing well :) thank you Sreekanth: I will help you with the issue.  Jason Weisberger: ok Sreekanth: Jason, I understand that you would like to obtain the chipset driver of  your computer.  Am I correct? Jason Weisberger: yes Sreekanth: Thank you for the confirmation.  Sreekanth: Jason, the chipset driver is not available for downloading.  Sreekanth: May I know the exact issue you are experiencing?  Sreekanth: Let me try any other alternate way to help you in this issue.  Jason Weisberger: After installing my own copy of windows 7 there are 3 drivers i cant find, one says sm bus controller, two say base system device Sreekanth: Please be on hold for 3 minutes, I will do a quick research on this issue.
 Jason Weisberger: ok Sreekanth: Thank you for being on hold with us.  Sreekanth: Jason, I have checked the whole website and the driver is not available.  Sreekanth: Need not worry.  Jason Weisberger: ok Sreekanth: We have a separate team called Answers By.  Sreekanth:  This is a fee-based support option with an agent that will walk you through the entire resolution process.  Sreekanth: They will provide you the exact driver you require.  Sreekanth: Answers By is a 24/7 telephone support service designed to give you smart, comprehensive solutions to all of your technology questions. What makes it different from other types of tech support is that it covers not only your PC but other technologies as well — giving you direct access to expert-level support and advice for almost any gadget, hardware or software you've got a question about.  Sreekanth: They have an option to remotely access your computer, if required, and fix the issue.  Sreekanth: You may contact them directly by calling 800 237 6483 and press one to talk to a consultant. Jason Weisberger: I'm not going to pay a fee because Acer failed to list a necessary driver for download Jason Weisberger: I appreciate the advise, but what can we do within the normal support of Acer Sreekanth: I can understand you.  Sreekanth: But this is the only available option now. Sreekanth: They will charge you only with your permission.  Sreekanth: So I recommend you contact them directly for the driver.  Jason Weisberger: I will disconnect now and probably call your phone support later Jason Weisberger: I appreciate your assistance Sreekanth: Jason, to conclude, I have provided you the direct contact information of Answers By, they will provide you the exact driver you require. If there are no additional questions on this topic, I will close this chat session. Jason Weisberger: but I do not believe charging me for a driver you should be providing is the right thing to do Jason Weisberger: thank you anyway Sreekanth: It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for using Acer Chat.
Have great day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment