Wednesday, August 29, 2012

AUGUST EMPTIES (#3)


Let's keep this month's empties light and easy, shall we? Because I sense a very heavy blog post next month! See I'm about to have the boyfriend over and enjoy the last bit of my holidays before going back in London. That means a lot of samples will be emptied in this trip and a lot of products must finish before I head up to the UK.
























































































1. Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser

A good, simple moisturiser for those with combination skins. I like that it's full of great, natural ingredients - I don't like the nasty smell. I won't be repurchasing soon because it doesn't target the problems I need to address when it comes to my skin (acne, clogged pores etc). Still looking for the perfect moisturiser, then... 

Read full review here



2. Corpus Summer Blond Spray

A genius little spray that contains, camomile, henna and peroxide, and is designed to turn your hair at least two tones lighter. My hair goes lighter in the summer anyway, but this product makes the process so much easier. The outcome is very natural (it looks like I have natural light brown high-lights against my dark brown hair). I have been using this since I was 12 and still love it. This specific one is by a greek company (Corpus) but I'm sure there is similar stuff around the world.




3. Korres Citrus Body Milk

My most favourite and amazing body lotion ever! It is very hydrating without being heavy and its quirky scent stays on the skin for hours. It has a really interesting and unique smell; sweet, fresh and a bit citrusy (obviously). 



4. Echo Farcom Active shine serum for hair

This serum was excellent in keeping my hair tamed and normal during the summer. My hair usually goes WILD after three months of being in the sun and the sea. This is like silicone but better (it feels "lighter"). My hair didn't get as bad split-ends as usual and it doesn't even need the post-summer haircut I always get. It is another greek product but should you find yourself enjoying the greek summer, go to a supermarket and pick this up; you'll need it.



5. Sunscreen for children spf 30 

The sunscreens that are designed for children, usually meet very high standards. This is a discontinued lotion by Korres that I was topically using on my -many and really dangerous- moles. It was really thick and water-resistant. So that meant I didn't have to worry about reapplying every 30mins. I was going in and out of the sea all day and this stuff stayed on until I showered in the night. The company has replaced it with some other products.



6. Loewe perfume a mi aire (sample)
Samples are just so handy when you travel! This perfume is really fresh and summery, but a bit too sharp for my liking. It leaves a flowery scent behind and is quite long-lasting, but not really my style. 




No comments:

Post a Comment