Thursday, June 14, 2012

TRAVEL MAKEUP PALETTES







The airports are the best place to buy your makeup palettes from. They usually do really good deals both on board and at Duty Free. You can also find limited edition palettes or special -traveling- exclusives that don't reach the counters. As a frequent traveler I always look for these traveling-deals  and when it comes to palettes I think it really is worth it. Think about it; these palettes are designed for traveling so they are expected to include lots of different products inside, allowing you to create many looks. 





So, travel palettes are the most practical ones! Here's my two favourite items. They were both gifts from my boyfriend, so I have no idea about prices and availability, but I thought it would be interesting to have a look (you might be able to track them down somewhere online?).










Yves Saint Laurent Black Edition Travel Selection (left)


It looks like an i-phone and contains everything I could possibly need. Two lipcolours that are really up my street, a good, sheer blush with a bit of sheen, and four shimmery eye shadows. You also get three brushes to apply the products with; and they are not crap. Especially the lip-brush! This palette includes a big mirror and is utterly luxurious overall. My only criticism would be that 4 shimmery eyeshadows might be too much; I'd like one of them to be matte. 


I can easily pull this out and do five different makeup looks. That's how palettes should be!





Bobbi Brown Pastel Shadow Options Palette (right)


You only get eye shadows here, but still, quite a nice selection. This double-ended brush isn't too bad either. The palette is really convenient for travel as it is light and tiny. The retractable part, comes out easily and includes four beautiful matte shades. The top has a lot of shimmer, but it is useful as it comes in different finishes  (metallic, sparkle, shimmer wash). I have used that shimmery pink (top right) as a highlighter on my cheekbones and I also love using that cement colour (the second shade at the bottom) in the crease. Again, you have so many options with these colours, so many looks to create.





So next time you travel remember to check for travel exclusives like these. They are just so practical.



No comments:

Post a Comment