Friday, June 22, 2012

Technical Interview Panel: Basis seems to be a rare skill


I am forced into taking technical interviews now and then. I have barely attended a few myself, and consider myself unfit to conduct interviews, but the people I get to interview are no better either. Of the six interviews, only one person was able to clear the tech round.



Here are some of the Q&As as I remember:



His resume has OS/DB Migration in bold:

Me: How much of data was migrated?

Interviewee: 4 GB



This guy is a certified OS/DB migration consultant.

Me: How much of data was migrated?

Certified Consultant: *thinks hard* 100 GB

Me: How long did it take to migrate?

Certified Consultant: 3 days



This guy says he has 4 years of Basis experience

Me: Did you ever face any performance issues

Cool dude: No

Me: Ok.... if someone reports that they are not able to login to SAP system, what will you check?

Cool dude: Report to my lead

Me: What are the common transactions you use to monitor SAP

Cool dude: We don't monitor

Me: *virtual facepalm*



Basis guy has installed and supported XI

Me: Did you transport XI objects?

XI Basis guy: Yes

Me: After you import IR and ID objects, which ones require activation from change list?

XI Basis guy: Both


No comments:

Post a Comment