Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Cluttered Mind




When I find myself in a creative mode for my business -- with ideas for marketing, website design, and programs I am planning for clients flowing through my mind -- I can easily find myself overwhelmed. This is when I find I need to write, prioritize and take action on items that are at the top of my "to do" list. Getting these ideas out of my head and down on paper so I can take action on those at the top of my list move me from a place of overwhelm to feeling accomplished.





When you find yourself with a cluttered mind it's similar to having your house or office filled with clutter. Sitting in a house or office full of clutter gives us the same feeling of overwhelm and leaves us feeling as if we don't know where to begin to tackle the decluttering process. When your mind is on overdrive, it's hard to focus and decide which ideas are valuable and which should be at the top of your "to do" list. Then when you add the fact that we are all focused on working "in our business" instead of "on our business" each and every day,  you may find yourself literally stuck - after all, how can you move forward when you do not know which direction is forward?





This is why I LOVE my consulting work. Working with a client to help them sort through the clutter in their minds, prioritize their goals, and help guide them in their forward direction is a fantastic calling about which I am so very passionate. When I then watch the progress and results my clients achieve as a result of following their plan, I get so excited! Seeing someone succeed is the best part of my business!





Tips to help clear your mind clutter:


  • Write everything on your mind down.

  • Keep a pad of paper by your bed to capture ideas that "pop" in your head and keep you awake.

  • Do a little clean and purge of the top of your desk. Many find if their desk is cluttered so is their mind.

  • Tackle the largest project/idea on your mind. Even a few steps in the right direction can give you peace.

  • Talk over the "clutter" of ideas you have with a friend and have them help you prioritize.



If you are still finding yourself in a place of "clutter," why not invest in your business and hire a consultant/coach to help guide your priorities and give you focus for forward movement? Working with someone to help guide you involves accountability -- and accountability is a very powerful tool for us all to sharpen once in a while. Accountability makes us "own" a goal.  Having someone hold you to a deadline gives you a huge reason to move forward instead of procrastinating.





Find more information about us at our web siteLinkedInFacebook, or Twitter.







No comments:

Post a Comment