Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fell in Love Today with "Nothing But A Song"



There's something about this night that made me more than comfortable about riding a bus home. 
Strangely, i felt something more than the comfort or the calm. 


I think i remember posting on Twitter how we sometimes fall in love with things inanimate, things intangible. Like the weather, the crunching sound of browned leaves beneath your sneakers, the nostalgic feel of someone's color-faded jeans, or the way Puss in Boots pleadingly looks at you with his i'm-a-pitiful-pitiful-kitten eyes.


Looking out the bus window wishing i'm a street-sweeper superhero at night so i can clean all those trash, my head got distracted as this song came up from the FM radio station i was tuned in to.


So today i did it again. I fell in love, this time, with a song.


Let's hear Tiago Iorc perform "Nothing But A Song"
You'd probably think he sounds like John Mayer, but i think he has a calmer vibe. 
Yep, the lyrics are billowing over and over and over my head without pause like that steady white smoke going upward from the chimney, so this post is published pretty damn quick while everything else in my drafts remain untouched and unnoticed.  


I hope you don't mind me posting two video versions. 
The first one's acoustic, the other one's the official video with a more upbeat sound. I like the Chucks shot on the second video by the way. 














I read your mind a thousand times
Exempt myself from alibis
Surrender to me softly
You're trying to find a different side of me

You see this life
As nothing but a song without no rhyme

dap dararah
dap dararah oh

Devote myself with compromise
Selfishly lying, giving bad advice
Surrender to me once again
You are trying to find a boy inside a man

You ask me why
We suffocate our lives beneath the sky

dap dararah
dap dararah oh

Maybe we're losing all reason in our silly fights
Maybe this time it'll seem right
I wanna tell you ‘bout
The day we first met and
How i feel when you're holding me tight
Oh, and how you've changed my life

dap dararah

dap dararah oh

No comments:

Post a Comment