Saturday, October 27, 2012

Treatment Day 43 : Freaknight Was Dumb

And I'm going to tell you why.



Freaknight 2012 was a waste of my money overall. Parts were my own fault but I can't get greedy here, I mean I didn't want to stand in line and be molested by strangers for two hours.



But that's getting ahead of myself.



My mom is the type of person to write a company if she's not satisfied with their product. And I really admire her for using her freedom of speech and sticking up for herself. And I'd like to do that now.



Dear Whoever Cares That My Night Was Ruined Last Night,



I bought my Freaknight ticket about 2 and a half months before the event, knowing that I would get out of treatment for my eating disorder around that time. I have been in recovery for the past 2 months.This was going to be a celebratory night.



These shows are a passion of mine. I love the freedom I get when dancing. I express my true self with the outfits I wear. Electronic music has brought a kind of zen and serenity to my life that I haven't been able to duplicate. Going to see my favorite DJs live and sharing the beauty of music with a just-as-enthusiastic community is nothing short of Awesome.



Since going to my first rave over two years ago, I have almost not missed one show at WaMu Theater. I even spent most of my savings going to Ultra Music Festival in Miami this past March. I even got a third (yes third) job in order to support my show habits. Basically, these are more than just shows to me, they are a reminder of what matters in life.



My values are to live in the moment, to celebrate, to be yourself and love others-that's what raves are all about in my opinion.



So now that you understand how important Freaknight was to me, hopefully you'll see the impact last night had on me and my attitude towards the staff and event coordinators for the show.



As I said I'm in treatment for my eating disorder. That's not cheap and I'm also unable to work, so $90 for a ticket was a stretch. I made my costume for about $15 and a ton of hard work.



I got together with my best friend and a group of great people and headed off to what was supposed to be a great night.



We arrived at WaMu parking lot about 9 and were in line ten minutes later. And that is where I stayed for 2 long hours. I have never been so claustrophobic  upset and scared all at once-or for so long. The moment after I got in line my costume began to get destroyed. There was no organization for the massive amount of people, nor was there anyone directing people where to go or any kind of crowd control. I was almost thrown up on. I definitely deserve dinner from about 50 guys that were mashed up against me for hours.



I think the worst part was watching both Bingo Players and Morgan Page-my FAVORITES-play from the sardine can of a line I was in. I was helpless, cramped, uncomfortable and alone (since my friends and I were not able to even stay in line together because it was so crowded).



I finally got into the venue at 11:30. I was so upset, flustered and stressed out that I just wanted a water. But there was a massive line there too. It was like I couldn't escape them.



I'm very disappointed in the way things were run. There was no apology that I've seen from USC Events or WaMu or Pro Staff for the longest, most out of control line I've ever experienced. As I said I've been to MANY events at WaMu and around the nation and never been treated the way I was last night. I felt as though my money, my time and my satisfaction didn't matter to anyone.



Most of the reason I bought my ticket to Freaknight was to see Morgan Page and Bingo Players. I didn't see a single song by either artist. I want my money back, a voucher for another event or in the very least a sincere apology.



And I want to know how this will be fixed for future events.



I will say that once I was in there, it was a blast. The set up was great, even though I did miss the bleachers. I don't want to take away from the amazing artists and sets. I just want my rant to be heard.



Thank you for reading and your time, Lord knows I gave you most of mine yesterday,



Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment