Sunday, February 14, 2010

Destino: 2 Hearts II

I had no idea this existed until my friend Andy S. tipped me to it earlier today.

My two favorite artists are Walt Disney and Salvador Dali. To continue the tradition of two unlikely but perfect artists working together on one project, here is Destino.

This is truly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I don't have the words in my vocabulary to describe it, so here's a brief take from the wiki:

Destino is a short animated cartoon released in 2003 by The Walt Disney Company. Destino is unique in that its production originally began in 1945, 58 years before its eventual completion. The project was a collaboration between American animator Walt Disney and Spanish painter Salvador Dali, and features music written by Mexican songwriter Armando Dominguez.


Special thanks to Andy for the nod, and also to Artinthepicture for posting the Vimeo and allowing me to embed it here.

On a final note, I couldn't embed it from Youtube, but if you click on the YT link, you can watch it full screen, which of course, you should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment