Sunday, April 29, 2012

TOUGH, LONG JOURNEY.....

OMG!!! I can't believe its been like 2 weeks since I last created a post. That's not good. I told myself that I would be creating a post at least once a week. But so much has happened in the last 2+ weeks that I am all over the place. But anyways, I missed writing!!!

I am trying so hard to grow my brand and make my company into something that can be around for years. Like I said in my bio for this blog, it is going to be a tough, long, but rewarding journey. Well, right now I am in the "tough" stage. Trying to get new clients, establishing the trust between myself (owner) and the clients, and laying the foundation that is going to carry me through the many years to come. I had a goal, a dream, a vision of what I wanted to do. I stepped out there with limited funds (all my own) and a determination that couldn't be stopped by anyone. Never do I regret taking that big chance but sometimes I even get a little discouraged. I am only human and have serious emotions...lol. I love and thoroughly enjoy what I do so that's what makes this journey all the more worth it.

So after doing some reflecting I came to have a clearer understanding of what this all means. Its so funny how all the time, energy and resources seem to be put into setting goals, while the actual achievement is just sometimes expected to take care of itself. Well, it doesn't work that way. Without a concrete plan and the right resources, it can be very easy to fall back into old habits and routines. Real change takes time and it needs nurturing. I have learned to surround myself with reminders that make my goals tough to ignore and forget. And the most important thing is to DO what I actually promised myself I was going to do. A great reminder that was given to me but another business owner was that I will ultimately be accountable to myself and nobody else for the goals that I have set. My message to all is that you will find virtue and character in fulfilling that promise to yourself. Remember always that achieving your goals is something that you can do year round.

I will leave you with this:

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it" - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment