Saturday, April 28, 2012

New GW Paint System: The Verdict


All things considered and after a field test, I like the new system. You certainly don't have to use all 5 paints they suggest to get a great paint job. In fact, the new How to Paint Citadel Miniatures book doesn't generally use all the paints the "suggested" list has on the GW's site. Most of the time you're looking at a BASE, SHADE, DRYBRUSH (1/2 the time), and a LAYER. The 2 LAYERS, suggested by the previous link are rarely used, by them. In fact, they get more interesting color effects from using the GLAZES. SHADES are truly darker and GLAZES enrich, brighten, add or blend colors together. The SHADE system gives better overall coverage out of the pot, no matter what you are hearing on the net. Folks who aren't getting that aren't shaking the pot before opening and using. I'll provide some photos, soon. To show you the results I am getting. The project I'm working on will showcase what they are trying to achieve, which is consistency. Full conversion of my paints begins in a few weeks, when I have the funding. I'll be getting rid of my old colors on the net, somehow. Keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment