Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I have been an avid blogger ever since I started this thing...!
It must be cause I'm kinda feeling down in general these days and writing or listening to music usually helps ease my mind.

I realized how much lack of financial security can suck the joy outa life. I mean, I knew that (in theory) but I guess I'm experiencing it for the first time right now. I gave myself 2 months of no-バイト luxury and it back-fired =(. Right now I'm borrowing money from my boyfriend cause I can't pay rent otherwise. Can you imagine for a sec what it feels like eating out with your bf who lent you money and you take out your wallet to pay for your food, only to realize the money you're paying with originally came from his pocket?? Saddddddd.

It's only cause I get sooooooooooooo much pleasure out of just eating out with friends or chatting at cafes and stuff, even if it's some shitty restaurant on campus. Guess the bill accumulates. It's become a delicious habit hard to let go of =s. Ever since I started running low on money though, I've tried to abstain from indulging in too much of those. Heading straight home cause you're hungry but can't afford to eat out is pretty damn miserable though. LoL. I make it sound so tragic but no, obviously I'm not like dirt poor. I get by. But 'getting by' doesn't make me happy does it? =( Oh my gluttony...

Whatever, it's just a phase. And when I think about Shaun, my friends and family, I'm easily consoled. I love that!

Anyway, I thought this was beautiful. If you have the patience to watch it, you should (if you don't, at least from 2:35?). And since I'm in Canada, I guess it's appropriate to present you with Michael Milosh (from Toronto--yeah Rei, Toronto!). Again, never knew of this guy's existence. Just downloaded his album Meme released in 2006. I believe this song is quite recent though? It's not in any of his albums including his most recent one released in 2008, which also has some good tunes I believe.
So here's "In These Arms":



I actually don't have the audio myself =(.
But as I said, I do have his old tunes.
These are my favs:

You Fill Me:



and Couldn't Sleep:



According to wiki, he's also a celloist--apparently I meant "cellist"--and took great interest in jazz.
Seriously, those who listen to jazz or appreciate it make the best music. Too bad I'm not the biggest fan of the genre. But jazz-influenced songs I like =).

I love love looooooooooove "Couldn't Sleep." I'm gonna post its entire lyrics:

I didn't sleep all night
I didn't sleep all night
I didn't sleep all night
I didn't sleep all night

made a phone call last night
i've been thinking about it all day
i made you cry last night
but it's ok cause I heard you say
I love you

I floated in those words
I floated in those words
I don't even know why I feel what I feel
I don't even know why I think what I think
I don't even know why I do what I do
I don't even know why I say what I say

you're making me nervous
it all falls apart
but it's ok
but it's ok
it won't fall apart


...more like, I float in your melody mister milosh.

Man, my repertoire of soothing songs/tunes increase while I'm struggling more and more to find songs to listen to at the gym (been neglecting that for days now). Help me!
I can share few of my favs? and I mean very few...

Supermassive (Dizko Remix) by Muse
It Ain't Love by MSTRKRFT ft. Lil' Mo
Just Because by Rank 1 vs. Thomas Gold feat. Amanda Wilson
Love Kills (Sidechains vs. Buffetlibre Remix) by Sidechains [credit goes to Freddie Mercury]

"Love kills
scars you from the start.
It's just a living pastime burning your lifeline"


I tend to like MSTRKRFT remixes and Rank 1 remixes. I also love Tepr and Tocadisco remixes =].

I should go to bed, really. It's almost 2. Long day tomorrow. Haven't even done my hwk -___-. I'm so unmotivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment