Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Don't Over Look the Small Things!



Time out! Sometimes when life is crazy, we need to pause and evaluate why we are busy. I go back to my "Saved by the Bell" childhood. The character, Zack Morris, would stop time and talk to the audience about the plot. It didn't happen every episode but I always wished I could do that in real life!


Example of this happened this morning. My wife was in the bathroom getting ready for the day, I was laying on the bed watching ESPN highlights, and eating Captain Crunch. I was processing how bad my fantasy football team did for week one, how amazing the response about Baptism was at the Launching Pad, the medical bills that I forgot to pay, and how Josiah is going to make us late because he was sleeping in (but never on a Saturday morning!). 


The minute he walked into the bedroom, I jumped up and said, "BREAKFAST time!". He took a step back and started to tear up. I asked him what was the problem and his response, "I want to lay in the bed with daddy for a minute". 


-slap in the face moment-


Sometimes we get so busy with life that we forget about whats most important. Did it make me late, not really, I made up for it (I'll ask forgiveness about speeding on the way to church later!). I was thinking about all the "to do's" that I forgot about what's really important. Those fifteen minutes of daddy time refocused my whole day!

No comments:

Post a Comment