Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh January...

While I would love to post and tell everyone the great kinds of progress I have made in school and learning to create interactive media, January has decided to not make that a priority.  The last month was full of early morning and late night inventory counts for multiple store. Completing checklists abound of post holiday recovery and generally maintaining being the person I want to be. Overall I learned nothing new in the past month but I have been very careful to jot down ideas via my phone and a notebook I keep around so that when I do have the ability to put a project together I can.

This current semester I've spent spats of time here and there completing my algebra and statistics course, which has been a wonderful thing since I can work at my own pace.  There is no online lectures, no posts to be made three or more times a week - just homework assignments, reviews and tests.  I'm currently 2 weeks ahead in the program and that gives me a sense of accomplishment, but the goal is to complete 2 semesters worth of math courses within this one 8 week semester.  This week I've taken some well earned days off to spend with the math and bang it out so I can move forward and have the time I want to continue learning C++.



On a side topic my girlfriend got me Beginning C++ through Game programming, Third Edition by Michael Dawson (Check it out here)  I was excited when i first looked through it - however I became even more excited as when I noticed that all the basics I had covered in my Logic and Design class were not only in the book but also covering it in the way I really want to know.  I'm truly looking forward to building and creating something for everyone to enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment