Monday, February 7, 2011

Groundhog Day and loops/Mondays

No not Fruit Loops!  The loops are everywhere, catching us doing just about everything - from sleeping to eating to work and day dreaming.  Now you might be thinking

"Josh - Why Groundhog Day??



Well it's because its a loop



Now one thing on my mind lately is the amount of time management one has to have over time in order to seemingly "complete tasks" and "drive business".  So I had the chance to take a step back over the past couple days off and seriously think about what it is we do to accomplish not just the goals above - but our own goals. 

In Groundhog Day we find our hero trying to make the most of what he knows and the time he has - effectively managing his time better.  However he starts to see the frustration and hopelessness that comes from the same thing day   after  day   after  day. I don't think I know anyone who thinks any particular loops as exciting on its own but I believe that its quite always the context and perception of the one person who experiences them. 



So it's been a while since i mentioned anything with programming and looking at loops and the sheer number of them in even the most basic of games just astounds and amazes me right now.  Now to figure out how to make my own loops that will help me effectively manage my time.



I think monday is a good to post.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment