Friday, September 4, 2009

A New Adventure

Yesterday, the news came out that legendary Detroit Tigers broadcaster, Ernie Harwell has inoperable cancer. I remember sitting on the front steps during summer nights with my dad, listening to Ernie as he would paint a picture of the evenings game. Mr. Harwell knew well the adage,"less is more". He understood that silence is a broadcaster's tool that allows the listener to see the landscape of the game in their mind's eye. Baseball was and is my first love in sports. Ernie helped to make it an adventure and now in his words, he's "ready for a new adventure."

Harwell has been an inspiration to many,simply because he is a very nice man. His positive spirit has allowed him to look at each aspect of his life as a journey. Life is something we should marvel over and be grateful for; even when the skies look dark and foreboding. We are painting a beautiful picture of our lives just by seeing them as an adventure and not as a struggle. Those words, "adventure" and "struggle" conjure up different feelings when read, thought or uttered. When you say "adventure" how does it make you feel? Do you feel excitement in your heart center? Is there a sense that although what you may be undertaking may have times of feeling like you're in an "Indiana Jones" movie, crossing frayed rope bridges, running from bounding boulders or hanging on to a cliff with your fingers that you know without any doubt that you will emerge loving your life? Now say the word "struggle" How does it make you feel? If you are like most people, your solar plexus probably feels like climbing into itself, retreating from the world and the people that would be your friends and teachers along the way? See your life a quest to know in an intuitive way your true essence and appreciate that what you say and do will have an affect on everyone around you and even those far away.

It's been a long while since I posted anything to "Radiant You". I had moments of doubt and wondered where I was headed on my trek through life. I knew intuitively that I had to trust that all would be well and to follow the nudging of my heart. Huge changes are underway for myself and while the trail may be full of twists and turns, valleys and hills. I know that life is an amazing journey that I am grateful for.

I thank Ernie for showing me that having a positive outlook about life serves to bring contentment and joy to myself and anyone who chooses to show only love to those we come in contact with. I also am grateful to friends who have moved on to new adventures in their lives. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am now. Finally, I am appreciative of those who are currently in my life. You bring a smile to my face and warmth to my heart.

I send all of you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment