Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The First Week

An update from OurUltimateDate.com

I’ve been at my job for one week, and I’m still loving it. And that is because of intimacy.

The firm I work at has 10 people and we’re all on the same floor. We’re like a Mediterranean family: always yelling, always passionate, but things get done. Because I have changed jobs three times last month before landing this role, I’ve had the opportunity to see the opposite of office intimacy: heavy, multi-floored, cubicled companies with so many people that left hand and right hand don’t speak with left toe, right eyebrow, third eye and everything gets slowed down.

There’s no politics in my new role. If I need something, I holler. If my co-workers need something from me, they holler. Nice tight unit, we are. No need for “open door” policy with the Managing Director; he doesn’t have a door. So I holler at him, too. Sometimes just to holler. Because I can.

And this job marks a milestone for CeCe and I. Since I moved in with her in September and we set out our goals for Our Ultimate Date, I hit one pitfall after another trying to find a job that both pays well and fits my skill set. I’ve had a rough couple of months, plagued by financial uncertainty, but it seems I finally found my feet.

And that has a knock on effect on our dreams. As for Dream#01, I have news… and a visual. Coming in 2008:

No comments:

Post a Comment