Monday, December 10, 2007

Service!

A very Radiant hello to all of you on this fine and rather chilly evening here in Minnesota. Wherever you are, in warm climes or cold. I hope you are enjoying your abundant life.
This evening I feel inspired to write to you about Service. Yesterday I was attending the Unitarian Church that I have recently joined. There is a part of the service that members can come up and share their "Joys and Concerns" Anyone can come up, light a candle and share a success or a concern. As people were coming up and sharing news about new jobs, better places to live or asking for prayers for something they desired for themselves or a loved one, I felt a strong pull in my gut to stand front and center and say to everyone,
"You know many of us get up each day and go about our lives and we think to ourselves 'This is it. This is all I have for my life and all I ever will have. I wish I had done things differently. If I had my life to live all over again, I certainly would have a different life than I do now.' Well I want to say to you this very moment to make the choice to stop. Stop blaming yourself or others. Stop with the woulda, coulda, shoulda. Stop being a martyr. Instead begin to start. Start getting up in the morning and being thankful for all the wonderful things that are happening to you each and every day. Start being. Start doing. Start having everything you thought was too far out there and was too impossible or so you thought, to have. You are Amazing. You are so very Radiant. You deserve the very best and don't let anyone tell you that this life is for suffering. It's not. It's for living a rich full life. Love yourself, Love your neighbor. Shout Hallelujah. I am a Radiant Being of Light!"
I didn't though, I ignored that urge to go up and inspire these wonderful souls that are fast becoming very dear to me.

Tonight I came home and checked my email. There, from my good friend Karen Curry was an email announcing a replay of her interview with Dr. John Demartini from "The Secret" I had received notice about the live call to him in the week past but was unable to join in because of work. I listened to the replay and what I heard was nothing short of the peel of church bells. What Dr. Demartini spoke of was our hierarchy of values. Whatever we value the most in our lives is what will become manifest in our lives. Likewise, whatever is on the low end of our value system we "tend to disown and we have chaos there" If we value good health, we will do things that will bring health and vitality to our lives. If we want the best for our children we will attract those people and things that will help our children grow and thrive. If we value wealth, we will notice all of the ways to make money and build wealth. Dr. Demartini went on to say that in order to attract wealth and abundance in our life we have to be in touch with our spiritual calling .We have to provide service. When we provide service to others prosperity will naturally follow. Spirituality and wealth walk hand in hand. There is no separating the two. The lessons that we were taught when we were children about how we are supposed to suffer on earth and get our reward when we get to heaven is nothing but a crock. If we look for ways to spiritually serve our fellow souls in this wonderful Universe prosperity will certainly come to us at great speed. As soon as I heard Dr. Demartini's words, I knew without a doubt that next week I need to get up and start providing my service of Radiant University to the people of my church and I need to start thinking now of ways to expand my vision beyond them and out to other parts of the surrounding cities and state and out to the rest of the country and the world.

You know we all have doubts about ourselves. We think that no one is going to take notice of us. or that we will be laughed at. Dr. Demartini said stop being narcissistic and start caring about all the people we connect with every day. When we start to focus on service, the fear that we will be laughed or that we will stumble over our words will vanish. I do know that next week when the opportunity comes up for Joys and Concerns, I will stand up in front of those 40 wonderful souls and Radiant University will become a reality not only in my mind but for everyone who hears my words.

I want to send my thanks to Karen Curry and to Dr. John Demartini for ringing those bells for me. I also hope I did Dr. Demartini's inspiring words justice. It has been my intention to do nothing less.

I send all of you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment