Wednesday, September 26, 2012

SEPTEMBER EMPTIES (#4)





September was a busy month as far as empties go!


 





 


 




1. Lush Rehab shampoo


 


A good shampoo for the summer months. It smells minty and contains so many oils that condition 'strung out hair'. It leaves the hair so soft, light and hydrated.



 

2. Dr.Weil (Origins) Plantidote Mega-mushroom face cleanser



I have talked about this product (and others in the same range) before. It is ok. Really is. I won't repurchase though.

Full review here.





3. Burberry Body Lotion



It's shocking but this is by far the worst body lotion I have ever tried. It smelled bad (like the perfume which I don't like), it had ZERO moisturising power (I had to reapply 3-4 times a day!) and it was way too runny. This was gifted to me but seriously, you're better off with the cheapest drugstore alternative. VERY disappointing.









4. Caudalie Beauty Elixir


 


Best toner I have ever tried! Read more here.


 


 


5. Dermalogica skin resurfacing cleanser


 


I don't like dermalogica and their over-priced products. I have said it before. This was a great creamy cleanser that leaves the skin clean, calm and glowing. Again over-priced if you think that it's just a lactic acid cleanser (hello Neutrogena!).


 


 


6. Tropical release coconut hand cream


 


I was given this by a friend and I think it's a non-branded, whole-sale kinda product. I hated it on my hands but absolutely LOVED it on my feet! It helped them stay so smooth all summer long (which is very unusual).


 


 


7. Lancome Flash Bronzer


 


Do they even still make this?!  I have had it sitting there for years. It is a self-tanning leg gel that works. It has a bit of shimmer and gives your legs nice colour and all of that... these products aren't for me though.


 


 


8. Bioten celllufight massage cream


 


This is my favourite anti-cellulite solution at the moment and I should really do a full review. All I will say for now is that Bioten is a very affordable greek brand and that this cream contains pepper that makes your skin burn. If you are ever in Greece do try it, you will thank me.


 


 


9. Le Petit Marseiliais chamomile conditioner


 


Good conditioner that promised to work in one minute. It kept it's promise and on top of that the chamomile gives me the illusion that promotes blondness in the summer... all good.


 


SAMPLES



This month has been all about the samples. When I take little trips here and there, I always use up any samples I have saved; they are not only practical but fun too!



1. The Body Shop Chocomania body butter



I HATED this! It was "fatty" (if you can say that about a lotion) and felt like I was applying what remained in the pan after breakfast. On top of that it gave me a very nasty allergic reaction on my face and I will never forgive it for that. BAD!





2. Fresh Line Apollon Body Milk



Fresh Line is one of the best greek brands out there and their body lotions rock. Their ingredients are natural and their scents are amazing. This lotion the one with green tea and herbs.





3. Fresh Line Calypso Body Emulsion



Same  brand, but more luxurious line of products. Calypso is a body lotion that really moisturises and smells like a perfume. I would buy the full size.





4. Tol Velvet plus cryotherapy freezing power gel (x2)



A new greek pharmaceutical company in the block. They do great skincare created by proper dermatologists that work in the labs of a hospital in Athens. This for muscular pain that worked like no other! And that is the only reason I include it in my empties.





5. Korres pomegranate moisturising cream-gel



I used to have this face lotion and thought it was ok. I finished the pot and never repurchased. BUT the product has been reformulated since and I love it! I have a big stock of face lotions to go through but this is on my list. Great for combination skins as it really balances them.





6. Darphin skin mat (x2)



Described as a purifier and matifier this -very runny- liquid is used before your moisturiser. It was ok. I wouldn't really bother though...





7. Darphin clay mask



This on the other hand was a truly beautiful product! A very gentle clay mask that doesn't dry the skin out, cleanses and smells like flowers. Nice!



No comments:

Post a Comment