Monday, April 25, 2011

Why Does My AC Need A Tune-Up?

My first car. What a clunker. After realizing the lessons it taught me, I think it should be a LAW that your first car be very used, fail to start a few times, and overheat on occasion. Teaches character. (That’s my defense anyway.)
It did teach me to ‘take care of my stuff’. The feeling of breaking down, coupled with the embarrassment of course, is a feeling you DO NOT want to revisit. I can honestly say that I’d never heard or cared a whit about “preventive maintenance” until that experience.
Now, I do it and preach it. (That’s what my family calls it.) I’ll spare you the fire and brimstone version (!) but I do have a couple points that can help you…
To me, the more expensive it is to replace, the more important it is to maintain. People always think of their home, or cars here, and that’s good. But I have a “dividing line” on these items.
If it has an ‘operating cost’, like a car, it’s even more of a priority to maintain it. But if it doesn’t, like say a roof (which is REAL expensive) then all you do is fix it quickly if it leaks. I mean, what else can you do?
You expect me to get to this part, but your home’s air conditioner has HUGE operating costs. The big one is your energy bill. If your system is operating efficiently, you’re throwing money away. And the number one cause of “system death” is dirt. That’s a big price to pay.
So, maintaining your cooling system is of tremendous importance. Here’s a report that’ll show you EXACTLY how to do that very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment