Thursday, September 16, 2010

Much To Do About Nothing, Always Leads to Something.

You know I wonder sometimes just why is it that my best thoughts for this blog come to me when I am away from my laptop. I will be out driving or taking a walk or maybe at the bank when out of seemingly nowhere these lucid, flowing thoughts come out of the top of my head and I think "that's beautiful! I must remember to do a post on that." And then, it's gone. Simply frustrating. Well here I am at 8:57 in the evening and I am actually writing. It's much to do about nothing, but I am writing. I have been getting some assistance from Julia Cameron, author of  The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity and many other books on writing from one's heart. She says that everyone is gifted artistically and you don't have to wait for your muse to show up, or worry that you aren't gifted or can't punctuate to save the world. I am most certain that any one who has a PhD in punctuation, if they have a doctorate in exclamations, commas and semi colons, can tell that I make errors all over the place, but that is what an editor is for, right? Now I wont say that I have devoured each of Julia's books, because I haven't. I will say that what I have absorbed thus far, has made me more spiritually aware of my writing  talents, which I know are good.

I feel I was called to write this blog, not only to do my best to lift all of you up, but I write for myself as sort of a counseling session with me and my Spirit. Those are the times you will notice when I rehash past lifetimes in this incarnation that may seem that I am needlessly knocking myself silly over relationship lessons and classes on just plain being. The truth of the matter though, is that each time I write and it flows, like it is right at this moment, I feel that I am being cleansed. I think a better word is baptized. That all my sins are being washed away. Did you know that the word "sin" is actually from a term for archers from way back in Greek times which means to "miss the mark"?  When we feel we have messed up in our search for meaning, we have simply missed the mark and when we do, it doesn't mean that we must atone for our faults or go to confession or that our lives are a big mistake. It simply means that we need to steady ourselves and get ready to pull the bowstring steadily back once again and let  the arrow sail.

I wish you all love.

No comments:

Post a Comment