Monday, May 11, 2009

Water Under Basement Floor

(Q) In the basement I have water under my floor. I know this by it filling in the hole where our rough-in plumbing is and it is coming up beside our basement drain and flowing into it. I have pumped out thousands and thousands of gallons of water, but it still keeps coming. We do not have a sump but we do have a dry well. One major problem with now trying to put a sump pump in is we have in-floor heating, which won't turn on right now because of all the water under the floor. I think it is the water table. If it is the water table, should I just keep pumping it out every day until it is done? Or - I was thinking I could take off the cap where my rough in plumbing is for my shower and let the water drain into my septic. However, with that amount of water I am afraid it will be extremely hard on my septic field. What do you think my best way is to get rid of this water?

(A) If you are running only water through your septic field it may not do much harm. The idea is to avoid solids hitting the septic field. Your idea of a sump pump would be a much better solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment