Monday, November 19, 2007

There is no “I” in Team, but there is in Time

An update from OurUltimateDate.com

I sometimes hate time because it slips away so damn fast when you need it, and hangs around too long when you don’t. Lately, it’s been slipping real fast.

Around all the things that have been happening since AYMW calmed down – moving in with CeCe, finding work the hard way, a few assaults on my bank account and spirit – CeCe and I have been trying to push our own ideas and OUDBOD dreams forward.

And I think I may have got lost in the nitty gritty of some of those dreams, to the detriment of our relationship. It’s true, good relationships are built on time-tested foundations. And to be sure, there is no shortcut – you gotta spend time with each other.

Living together obviously helps. But I must confess that on many occasions I’ve had my head buried in my laptop when CeCe gets home, and lately I have been very unlike the way I once presented myself to the world on AreYouMyWife: outgoing, adventurous, spontaneous.

The new quieter routine and slower pace of life I find myself in partly comes down to a lack of funds (and the urge to save up again), partly because we do need some down time after AYMW, and mostly because I imposed some deadlines on myself to get certain things done… Deadlines that came and went and had to get moved forward.

I guess life happens when you make plans, and it’s important not to miss life. CeCe has brought me a lot of balance, and with open dialogue we make sure to let the other know what’s on our mind all the time.

Ah, time. If only there was more of it to spare. On that note, I want to take this opportunity to thank a lot of people all over the world for investing their creativity and time into Are-You-My.com… just look at some of these:



No comments:

Post a Comment