Friday, November 23, 2007

The Honeymoon is Over… Or Starting Anew?

An update from OurUltimateDate.com

Wow, what a week. The times they are a changin’, and how!

Just as the dust was settling in Soho on my new job – which I started last week – I got called out of the blue with an offer I couldn’t refuse. A digital agency wanted me as an account manager (permanent role) for a well known world wide brand.

Oh the dilemma! I considered everything, and because the Soho role was only freelance with a contractual week’s notice, I decided to accept the permanent role which was much more up my alley.

The Soho people were gutted to be sure, but understanding. Above all, I explained that I did not want to sit still in one role if it meant I would be living everyday full of regret for not having chased an opportunity.

So this month – November – I’ve changed jobs three times, but I feel as if I've landed right where I want to. Like the AreYouMyWife journey, random events contrived in my favour after I put myself out there to the world with no expectations.

Accepting a permanent role also means that CeCe and I are one step closer to being “settled” here in London for a little while.

And I’ve also come to realise that if I want to grow my relationship with CeCe and have a life outside work, one of two things must happen regarding OUDBOD dreams. I either:


1) Scale down my efforts which will delay a lot of things, or


2) Get some help from the outside and work smarter, not harder

Obviously people are already helping me by submitting photos and digital art of the Door in locations all over the world. And another friend is helping me behind the scenes by maintaining Are-You-My.com. But I’m going to need more help to achieve Dream#1 and Dream#3.

Amazingly, through the process of finding my new job, I think I might have met the right person to help me with my big targets.

No comments:

Post a Comment