Friday, September 21, 2007

WMDs and Other Battles

Update from OurUltimateDate.com

The couple who battles together stays together, right?


Every night CeCe and I discuss how our personal battles are going, and what progress – if any – we’re making on our OUDBOD missions (dreams). Two of my major – and recent – personal battles have shared logistical challenges: masks, walls and doors...

On the first front: getting a job. I’ve been gritting my teeth and squeezing the auto-fire in shelling my CV out over a wide target area. However, after a month of battling the teeming masses of elusive, cold-calling London recruitment agents, I feel that I have finally broken down a few walls to secure a small group of “good” agents.


This, in turn, got me through a few doors onto the field where I soldier at my best: interviews with decision makers. Me, them, no masks.

I suppose you could call that “covering fire” for CeCe: If I get a job, she can worry less about rent and focus on her core mission: OUDBOD Dream#2 – Fashion World. Already she has plans to go back to school part-time! CeCe is a soldier who wants training.


On the other battle front: Dream#3: Helping people around the world find their soul-mates. Same logistic challenges: masks, walls and doors. In my search for a soul-mate I did it my way with the AreYouMyWife blog. You could say I created a WMD: Weapon of Mass Dating. My AYMW-WMD smashed down several walls, opened many doors and removed a lot of masks, on a global scale.


And that got me here with CeCe: The Ultimate Date: an even bigger challenge with more soldiers and a mandate that grows with time, small victories and (potentially) additional OUDBOD missions.


However, as many people have pointed out to me, I’m not longer using my WMD. Now I’m thinking about how I might share this instrument, modify it for the good of planet Earth, and make it user friendly to all. That – in military talk – is OUDBOD Mission Dream#3.


I have a two-tier strategy (I love saying that) for both battles. In the next couple of weeks I’ll be going to some interviews and meetings. Hopefully the interviews will get me a good job, and the meetings will lay the ground work for a public Weapon of Mass Dating that not even George W. Bush could miss.


Over and out... More soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment