Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Two Month Itch

An update from OurUltimateDate.com

(I was going to go old-school on this and make a video instead of a write up. I haven’t made an AreYouMyWife video in awhile. But I had an accident with my laptop and it’s in hospital. The dent is in the most tragic of places: the place where I plug the power in. So my laptop has lost it’s life line. Thank goodness my battery was fully charged and acted as life support. So back to an internet café for now. But here’s what I wanted to say:)

Depending on which magazines you read, married couples get “the itch” three, five or seven years after they say vows. Well CeCe and I are not married, but we both have the two month itch.

It has been pretty much been two months to the day since I finished AYMW, and just under a month since I moved in with CeCe to live our Ultimate Date.

To be honest, going through the AYMW journey to get to where I am now has been complete down shift in terms of speed. One minute I lived for the day, didn’t know where I would end up in the big wide world and was constantly dating and meeting new people and having adventures.

Since moving in with CeCe, I’ve been tethered to our very tiny apartment, my clothes are in a wardrobe and I’m back on the London job market.

However, every night CeCe and I talk about where we’re at in terms of our relationship and our OUDBOD dreams. OUDBOD is kind of like our bible; a source of inspiration, but we also use it as a tool to constantly remind ourselves of what we want, and hold each other to account. (To boot, we’ve decorated our apartment with some of the Grains of Sand I collected from all over the world.)

I have come to realise that when I set up AYMW my goal was get to know someone naturally, see if we work as a team and see if they – like me – strive to keep life interesting. And what better way than to live with someone in a tiny apartment, struggle with them financially but still harbour big hopes and dreams that we want to pull off within a year?

So I’m definitely have the two month itch, but the itch is not to get married quickly or – on the other hand – to be single again and back doing the wild AYMW process. I’m itchy to get a good job right now, be stable and work on OUDBOD dreams.

Whether or not we achieve our main mission – to remove the ? from AYMW – remains to be seen. But for now, I’m happy to be downshifting the speed. Living out of a bag is only fun for so long, but having a nest to come home to and contribute to is an awesome feeling.

And if Cece and I do well at these slow speeds, maybe next year we’ll up-shift and speed off in some new and wild direction. And of course, everyone reading this is invited to participate.

I’m also very itchy to get my laptop fixed, so I can make another video!

More soon…
***

Other Stuff:

A few folks don’t want to come all the way here to OurUltimateDate.com. They like the old AreYouMyWife blog just fine. So I decided to mirror all posts on the old blog as well. That way nobody has to re-shuffle their bookmarks, RSSs and email update feeds. The customer is, after all, always right!

Oh, and if your wondering why I took my UK contact phone number down, it’s because a woman in Sri Lanka was harassing me at all hours of day and night to get her out of that country.

No comments:

Post a Comment