Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Helping Others to See Their Light

Yes, it's been a while since I last posted here. I've been spending time in meditation working on me. A lot of times I can get so involved in helping others feel good about themselves,I let myself slide. So I've been taking walks and I guess they are helping my health, because I no longer need a defibrillator as I near the one mile mark. I've been attempting to eat better too and I hope it's starting to show. Anyway enough of me. What I want to talk about today is seeing the light in others.
I was talking with a good friend yesterday about everything that has been going on in my world. My friend is my friend because she doesn't judge me and I appreciate that. Anyhow our conversation split off to world leaders, celebs and other people in the news. I told her that we often get an opinion about someone strictly from what we see or hear on the entertainment shows and I include the news we watch when I say "entertainment". Because of what someone says about a leaders of a countries thousands of miles away, we think we know who they are. But do we?If we were able to sit down and break bread with them and really get to know them I believe that we would see a light that shines like a lighthouse beacon.
The same goes for celebrities in the news. I speak of the ones who are hounded by the photographers at every hour of the day.The ones who are still trying to figure out who they are and what they are supposed to be doing in this life. They make choices that a person who is at ease with themselves and comfortable in their world would not. We spend too much time judging instead of helping them see their radiance.
I know that most of us cannot go and have dinner with a leader in a far away country or sit with a movie star and buy them a cappuccino and help them become aware of the light they are hiding within themselves, we can however help them discover the light within.
We can send prayers that they realize their goodness. We can also meditate, picturing white light being beamed from the love of the Universe into their souls and in turn being beamed right back to the Universe. Our radiance is never ending. It always renews and comes back to us.
Let's do our best to see the whole picture of the world around us. By helping others to see their light we can know that our own light shines brightly.
I send you all love.
Oh, please remember while enjoying your strawberries this summer, to send thanks and much love to your bees. I certainly send love and light to mine.
the light house courtesy of James Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment