Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oh-Boy-Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

For those of you who have no clue as to what the title of this post signifies, let me tell you a little story!

It was the 16th of March; the year was 2007. My friends and I had just embarked upon a trip to the place we considered the most sacred in all the land; a place so awesomely heavenly, it doesn’t even require an effort to say its name. All it requires is two little glorious syllables and voila….GO-A!!

This was my first trip to this seventh heaven after a really long time (about three and a half years!) and this was what made it all the more special. An awesome sixteen hour train journey just made the entire deal that much sweeter (Trains fuckin rock…literally!!).

So we’re sitting in the train (non-AC of course) and looking out the window, and all of a sudden we come across an absolutely insane beach! I reckon my mind didn’t have enough time to process the entire scene and send the right signal to my mouth! Something like ‘This place is heaven on earth!’ or something less corny like ‘this fuckin place is the bomb!!’ would’ve made more sense. Instead, all I could come up with is ‘Oh-Boy-Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!’. That weird exclamation has just stuck on and now has to be uttered every time I travel to Goa!

Now, my question is: What is it about Goa that makes people go so crazy about it? Is it the beaches? The bitches (pardon the profanity….it just went well with beaches)? The carefree life? The siestas? Kings beer? Sea Food Platter & Signature Fizz at Brittos? Venom in South Goa? Ingo’s Flea Market & Curly’s at Anjuna? Cheap Alcohol?

BTW the above questions were rhetorical because I know what makes people go crazy about Goa. BELIEVE ME…I KNOW!



P.S.: The reason for this post is that I’m off to Goa in two days…so suck on it ‘Beaches’ :P

P.P.S.: It’s a shame Club Cabana closed down though…that was the greatest place on earth! :(


No comments:

Post a Comment