Saturday, March 28, 2009

Walk The Line!

First up…I’m not sure if this is what really happens all over the world. This is a theory I came up with based on what I’ve observed.

Have you ever thought of how people walk on the same side that they drive on? Let me elaborate….We in India, drive on the left side of the road. This being the case, I’ve noticed that whenever people here are walking, they tend to do so on the left side of the path. Even when two people are walking toward each other from opposite directions on the same path, the first instinct is to move to the left to avoid collision. I noticed this happen a couple of times and it got me thinking that it may just be a coincidence. So I decided to put my theory to the test. I began walking right in the center of the path when people were walking toward me from the opposite direction (which I reckon gave people the idea that I was a tad bit insane…little do they know :P) and what do you know! More than a probable majority of them swerved to the left to avoid me!

Now I don’t know whether this can be directly linked to the side of the road people drive on, or to the fact that everyone generally walks on the left side of the path. And this is exactly the objective of this post….to uncover the mystery!


No comments:

Post a Comment